Application InstallationBefore attempting to run the application, please make sure you have the following pre-requisites:
1) Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5. You can download Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5 here
.Running the Application
1) Download the application binaries from the Downloads tab of this project.
2) Extract the binaries to any folder of your choice.
3) Run the application (Face Detective.exe)Compiling the Source CodeBefore attempting to compile the source, please make sure you have the following pre-requisites:
1a) Visual Studio 2008/2010 or Visual C# Express 2008/2010. You can find these here
1b) SharpDevelop 3.2. You can find SharpDevelop here
2) EmguCV. Visit the Emgu.CV home page
, download the appropriate version for your system, and follow the installation and setup instructions to ensure Emgu CV is running smoothly.
3) Download the Face Detective sources from the Source Code tab of this project and extract them to a folder of your choice.
4) Add the 3 Emgu.CV files Emgu.Utils.dll, Emgu.CV.UI.dll and Emgu.CV.dll to the project's References. More information is available here
5) Copy the OpenCV dll files: cvXXX.dll, cvauxXXX.dll, cxcoreXXX.dll, highguiXXX.dll, ffopencvXXX.dll, mlXXX.dll and cvextern.dll to the project's release folder.
6) Copy the 'haarcascade-frontalface-alt-tree.xml' file from the 'xml' folder to the project's release folder. The following screen shot shows an example project release folder.